CARE Prevention Programs
CARE offers a number of prevention programs which provide information and strategies to help you manage your health and safety. Taking preventive measures before facing a health or safety crisis is the single most important step you can take to reduce the risk factors for behavioral health and addiction-related disorders.
Click on any of the topics below for more information on CARE’s Prevention Services and how we can help.
- Depression Prevention: Learn the symptoms of depression so you can recognize it in yourself or someone you care about and get the help they need.
- Suicide Prevention: Get to know the warning signs of a possible suicide attempt, as well as predictors and risk factors for suicidal thoughts, attempts and completion.
- Substance Use Prevention: Read up on the warning signs and strategies to prevent drug and alcohol use. CARE offers programs in schools, to adults, and for youth focused on building skills to reduce alcohol, tobacco, and other drug use.
- Alcohol Use Prevention: Learn the warning signs to recognize possible alcohol abuse, ways to prevent it, and strategies for teens.
- Bullying Prevention: Learn the signs to look for if you fear your own child might be a bully and get to know strategies for parents, schools, and kids to safety intervene and help prevent bullying.