Live safe. Live Strong. Live sober.
T3 Teens Talking Truth
Teens Talking Truth (T3) is a group of young people from throughout the county who are committed to staying drug and alcohol free while making a difference in their community. The purpose of this youth group is to empower their peers to develop leadership and advocacy skills and encourage one another to stand strong against unhealthy behaviors.
T3 activities include
- Creating PSAs and social media campaigns that promote positive messages to other young people — including that most youth choose to stay drug and alcohol free
- Participating in the national Kick Butts Day, an advocacy event that provides education and raises awareness of tobacco use and the deceptive marketing techniques that tobacco companies use to target youth
- Working with local organizations on the Drug Enforcement Agency’s National Drug Take Back Day, which allows people to safely dispose of prescription medications
- Providing alcohol and tobacco vendor education to eliminate sales of alcohol and tobacco to minors
- Organizing field trips, flash mobs, and other fun drug-free activities
- Coordinating educational workshops about alcohol, tobacco, and other drugs while promoting prevention and a drug-free lifestyle
- Collaborating with other local substance abuse prevention groups and organizations to advocate for healthy youth lifestyles