- This event has passed.
Not on Tobacco (N-O-T)
Registration due by Monday, January 31 at 5:00 pm.
Quitting vaping or tobacco use isn’t easy—but it’s easier with the right help. CARE of Southeastern Michigan is offering the American Lung Association’s N-O-T Not on Tobacco program that gives teens options, resources, and support to quit for good! N-O-T is a quit vaping and tobacco use program for teens. It helps you develop a plan that guides you on your quit journey. You’ll also get the support you need to remain vape-free and tobacco-free for life!
What you’ll learn:
- How to stop making excuses for not quitting
- Why you vape or use tobacco and what it will be like when you quit
- How nicotine in e-cigarettes and tobacco products affects your mind and body
- How to overcome nicotine dependence
- Getting ready for your quit day
- Benefits of quitting
- What to do if you slip
- Getting support from your friends and family
- Managing stress and avoiding weight gain
- How to stay tobacco-free and vape-free for good
Classes are Tuesdays & Thursdays from February 1st to March 3rd, 4:30-5:30, at CARE.
Attendance at every class is highly recommended but not required.
Week 1: February 1 & February 3
Week 2: February 8 & February 10
Week 3: February 15 & February 17
Week 4: February 22 & February 24
Week 5: March 1 & March 3
Sorry. This form is no longer available.