It would be hard to imagine a married couple or long-term relationship never experiencing a conflict that would benefit from outside help. Couples counseling helps to change negative patterns of interaction between a couple, improves communication, and strengthens emotional connection.
Here are some relationship “red flags” that might indicate couples counseling could be helpful to you and your partner:
- you feel like your partner never listens to you
- you seem to be stuck on the same issue without resolving it
- you are annoyed at everything your partner does
- social media is a constant source of conflict
- you are looking outside the relationship for emotional support
- you can’t stop fighting, or you never ever fight
- you are no longer physically intimate
A relationship does not have to be in crisis to benefit from couples counseling. Many people benefit from couples counseling to try to avoid a difficult conflict. Examples would include couples considering marriage, couples creating a blended family, struggles with fertility, non traditional relationships, andor helping to navigate the end of a relationship.
Whether your relationship is in full blown crisis or are just starting to talk about marriage, CARE can give you the support you need. Call us at (586) 541-2273.
We will never give up on you. We’re here when you are ready.