- This event has passed.
Not on Tobacco (N-O-T)
- Date: July 6, 2022
- CARE Main Office
31900 Utica Rd
Fraser, MI 48026 United States
Registration due by Thursday, June 16 at 5:00 pm.
Quitting vaping or tobacco use isn’t easy—but it’s easier with the right help. CARE of Southeastern Michigan is offering the American Lung Association’s N-O-T Not on Tobacco program that gives teens options, resources, and support to quit for good! N-O-T is a quit vaping and tobacco use program for teens. It helps you develop a plan that guides you on your quit journey. You’ll also get the support you need to remain vape-free and tobacco-free for life!
What you’ll learn:
- How to stop making excuses for not quitting
- Why you vape or use tobacco and what it will be like when you quit
- How nicotine in e-cigarettes and tobacco products affects your mind and body
- How to overcome nicotine dependence
- Getting ready for your quit day
- Benefits of quitting
- What to do if you slip
- Getting support from your friends and family
- Managing stress and avoiding weight gain
- How to stay tobacco-free and vape-free for good
Classes are Tuesdays & Thursdays* from June 21 to July 21, 4:30-5:30, at CARE.
*Due to the 4th of July, week 3’s class will be on a Wednesday and Thursday.
Attendance at every class is highly recommended but not required.
Week 1: June 21 and June 23
Week 2: June 28 and June 30
Week 3: July 6* and 7
Week 4: July 12 and July 14
Week 5: July 19 and July 21
Click here for the N-O-T Summer 2022 flyer.
Sorry. This form is no longer available.